Sunday, March 13, 2011

Handmade Bottle Cap Necklaces

It goes without saying that I consider everything I share on this blog to be one of the coolest things I've ever seen, and more than worth your time to check out. As someone who personally has never had a taste for homemade crafts, I knew the inevitable day would arrive when someone else who's really good at it would show me their stuff and it would strike me as so beautiful and so creative that it would immediately cause me to reevaluate my opinion of the entire hobby. The day has come, and I'm proud to say it was the work of one of my dearest friends in the world that did the trick. I am pleased to share with you today...

Gabriella Cuzzola's line of Bottle Cap Necklaces.

Why bottle caps? Perhaps just because we're in college, and because they're everywhere all the time. Perhaps not meant to be taken as anything more than that. But I love the idea of taking bottle caps and everything they symbolize... drinking, addictions, vices, unpredictability, danger... and recycling them into art. Art you can wear around your neck, that you'll carry with you at all times. Just like a vice, but beautiful and with a completely different purpose. Chew on that. And it's not just a great idea, it's also masterfully executed.

Here are a few samples from the collection:





(My personal favorite... but I tend to love clocks and things that are clock-related.)

I can't believe this idea in general hasn't already gotten more popular than it is. So cool. But remember, these are all being handmade by just one marvelously talented person, so order yours today while they're still in supply!

If you or someone you know would like to share creative work, send an email to gscale88@comcast.net with "PWYP" in the subject line.

No comments:

Post a Comment